GMSA: Leading Your Meeting (AM or PM Sessions)
Time & Location
About the Event
June 30 @ 10 am - 12 pm EDT, or 5pm - 7pm
This project teaches self-advocates about person-centered planning. Person-centered planning helps people talk about their dreams and goals. It helps you think about what a good life means for you.
Session 3 will be taught 2 times on June 16.
- AM session is 10:00 to 12:00
- PM session is 5:00 to 7:00
This training will be done in three parts:
Part 1: What is Person-Centered Planning?
- June 2: What is Person-Centered Planning?
- June 9: How to Build a Lasting Support Circle
- June 16: Getting Involved in Your Community
- June 23: Reaching Your Dreams and Vision
Part 2: Self-Advocates Training: How to Lead Your Own Meeting
- June 30: How to Use Your One Page Profile
- July 7: Making the Invitations
- July 14: Planning the Agenda
- July 21: Leading the Meeting
Part 3: How to Be a Peer Mentor for Other Self-Advocates
- August 4: What is a Peer Mentor?
- August 19: Helping People Talk About Their Dreams
- August 25: Helping People Get Ready for Their Meeting
- September 1: Helping People at Their Meeting