Tue, Jun 15 | Zoom
GMSA: David's Cooking Show - Chicken Cordon Bleu
David's Cooking Show happens most Tuesday's at 2pm. He shows you how to make all sorts of recipes! This week's episode is Chicken Cordon Bleu. To join, go to zoom.us and click "Join a Meeting" in the top right-hand corner. Then, enter Meeting ID: 905-238-684
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
About the Event
OPEN meeting on Zoom.us. Meeting ID 905-238-684
Click here to get a copy of the recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
The time to prepare is 20 minutes
The time to cook is 40 minutes
Total Time is 1 hour
- 2 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices ham
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese or Gruyere cheese
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 clove garlic
- 5 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 25 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pound chicken to ¼” thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of ham and about 1 oz cheese. Roll the chicken jelly-roll style. Secure with a toothpick.
- Combine butter and garlic in a small dish. Mix breadcrumbs and thyme in a separate bowl. Dip each chicken roll in butter and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a baking dish and bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add in milk and wine a little bit at a time stirring after each addition until the mixture is smooth. Add in Dijon, bouillon and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil while whisking and reduce heat. Simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.