Thank You 2013 Plungers!
Check out great Penguin Plunge photos:
In 1996 a few hearty souls jumped into Lake Champlain during the Burlington Winter Carnival and raised more than $8,000 for Special Olympics Vermont. The initial fundraising efforts exceeded expectations and by the following year, $27,000 was raised at the second annual Burlington Penguin Plunge.
Fast forward to 2013. The Penguin Plunge is now a three-event series where participants can participate in one (or all) of the splashes into Vermont waters in North Bennington, Burlington and/or Newport. All registered participants receive a “warm” token of appreciation for braving the frigid temperatures and raising funds for Special Olympics Vermont. Prizes are awarded to the top individual fundraiser, largest community/business team, largest school group and best costume(s).
2013 Penguin Plunge Event Series
North Bennington Penguin Plunge | Saturday, January 26, 2013
Burlington Penguin Plunge | Saturday, February 2, 2013
Newport Penguin Plunge | Saturday, February 9, 2013
We offer two options for registration:
- Register online at www.firstgiving.com/vtso for quick registration and easy fundraising!
- Find answers to your online registration questions using our comprehensive 2013 Penguin Plunge FirstGiving Online Registration Guide.
Once you’ve registered it’s time to start fundraising. Fundraising levels vary based on Penguin Plunge location. Please note the fundraising minimums for the North Bennington, Burlington and Newport Penguin Plunge events.
- North Bennington – $25 registration fee + $75 fundraising minimum ($50 minimum for students K-12)
- Burlington – $25 registration fee + $150 fundraising minimum
- Newport – $25 registration fee + $75 fundraising minimum ($50 minimum for students K-12)
Sponsors & Supporters
Is your business/company/organization interested in partnering with Vermont’s most recognizable winter event? View our 2012 Penguin Plunge Final Report for series demographics and stats as well as a 2013 Penguin Plunge Sponsorship Matrix.
New participant? School group trying to start a team? Donors asking for tax ID number? Use the resources below to answer all of your Penguin Plunge questions.