Calling All Students!Posted on
Special Olympics Vermont invites you to
Enter the R-WORD t-shirt design contest!
Design the official Spread the Word to End the Word RETARD t-shirt
Winner gets a $150 Best Buy gift card,
plus $500 for their school’s Project Unify program!
Deadline for submission is midnight on January 31, 2013
- All Vermont elementary, middle and high schools students are eligible.
- Design your shirt to encourage others to stop using the R-word retard.
- T-shirts are for students and teachers who participate in R-Word activities across the state. Make sure your design would appeal to all students & schools (don’t just represent your own school in the design).
- Designs may include line art, text, pictures/drawings – but no photographs.
- Your design is for the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 10″ x 10″.
- Design may use a maximum of three colors. You may also suggest the t-shirt color.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- You can use the SOVT and Project Unify logos; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and logos.
Submitting an Entry
- Scan and e-mail your entry to: email@example.com
- OR mail the original artwork (lay flat in an envelope; do not fold it) to:
SOVT, T-Shirt Design Contest, 16 Gregory Drive, Suite 2, South Burlington, VT 05403.
- Include: student name, school, age, e-mail and phone number.
- Submissions are accepted until Thursday, January 31, 2013.
The Fine Print…
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- Submissions will be judged by the SOVT Youth Activation Committee.
- Artwork becomes the property of SOVT and originals will not be returned.
- Special Olympics Vermont reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color or t-shirt color.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by Special Olympics Vermont including, but not limited to, SOVT website and future marketing materials.
- Special Olympics Vermont reserves the right to final decision.
- The winning design will be announced on February 6, 2013. The winner will receive a $150 Best Buy gift card; the student’s school will receive a $500 grant (held in a program account at SOVT) for their Project Unify activities.
- Questions? Call or e-mail Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-863-5222 X108.